Someone sent me an e-mail asking me about pre-workout supplements and Nitric Oxide (NO2) so I figured I would dedicate my next post to that. Personally I use pre-workout supplements on occasion due to the fact that my days are extremely long and require a lot of energy on my end. From the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep I am constantly doing something whether it be training, studying, or working on my business. Never a dull moment. This is just a little something I put together that will give you general knowledge of what Nitric Oxide (NO2) really is and what it does. Also at the end I included the 3 supplements I have used in the past that worked for me. Enjoy
What is Nitric Oxide (NO2) & How does it work?
Nitric Oxide (NO2) is a gas naturally produced by our bodies that acts as a neurotransmitter (it conveys messages between cells). Its primary task is to tell your body to relax and widen its blood vessels. This allows for more oxygen & nutrients to enter the blood stream.
The benefits of these supplements are:
- Enable brain & kidneys to work better with the rest of the body. Creating a mind-muscle connection or being “in the zone”
- Increased Recovery Rates; more oxygen to the muscles = faster recovery rates
- Reduced fatigue levels during high-rep protocols; during high-rep exercises lactic acid builds up in the muscle tissue. Getting more oxygen in the muscle tissue will reduce lactic acid build up & correspondingly fatigue
- Enhanced endurance
- Increased energy
- Increased muscle pump
- Reduced inflammation
- Cellucor M5 Extreme: This supplement is actually split into 2 portions: Ignite & Build. If you have plenty of energy and just want to build muscle mass you can skip the Ignite portion and only use Build. If you’re engaged in a game of basketball or soccer you may only want to use the Ignite portion. However you want to take this supplement is up to you and whatever your needs are.
- Razor 8: To start off 385 mg of caffeine mixed with 51 mg of geranamine will hit you hard when you initially ingest this. Razor 8 also has yohimbine which increases fat loss, mental focus, and vasodialation. The creatine in Razor 8 is pure and refined. What sets Razor apart from other pre-workout supplements is that it uses CPO (Creatinol-O-Phosphate) which increases muscle & stamina while at the same time decreasing acidification.
- NO-XPLODE: This is a pre-workout almost everyone knows and I had to write about it. This is a great product for someone just starting out and it was the first pre-workout I ever used. NO-Xplode uses a combination of sugar and caffeine to get the job done. Feels like drinking a cup of coffee or two before beginning your training session.
My suggestion is do your own research and see what product is right for you. Everyone has different needs and different tastes. I hope this helped out a bit.