Now your money maker could mean different things to you according to whatever field you are in… for me it is my hands due to the fact that well I am a fighter and I tend to either punch, or grapple people with my hands. This means that I really need to keep them extremely healthy at all times!
Hand injuries are extremely common in combat sports. It does not matter whether you are a weekend warrior or a professional athlete/fighter you need your hands. You don’t want to have a hard sparring session one night, fracture your hand, and then not be able to work the next few weeks or even worse TRAIN!!!
Enough of this blabber below are some techniques to keep those “MONEY MAKERS” HEALTHY & STRONG
- Make sure you have proper technique
- Proper hand wrapping. I’ve seen time and time again shitty hand wrapping jobs. Now this isnt your fault if you are just starting out. If you are new to this ask someone in your gym to show you. Who knows what they are doing.
- Push Ups. Could be knuckle push ups as well but dont over exert yourself. Do whatever you can.
- Chin-ups. Good for strength and everything else in between 🙂
- Farmers walk. Grab two dumbbells and walk back and forth. Great for grip strength and overall body strength. Tough as shit too
TRAIN HARD | TRAIN SAFE | TRAIN SMART